The Panasonic ES-ED90-P Ladies Wet and Dry Epilator/Shaver is a great epilator for beginners or anyone looking for a no-frills epilator that gets the job done. I was most impressed with its performance on my underarms, which are usually the trickiest area to epilate because they are so full of contours and creases. The Panasonic ED-ED90-P gave me hands-down the smoothest armpits I have ever had without absolutely ruining my skin or being too painful.
The Panasonic ES-ED90-P is a good, but not amazing, epilator for legs. I would definitely recommend the beginner’s cap for anyone who isn’t experienced with the pain of epilating. While it’s clearly much less powerful, and will take much longer to get smooth hairless legs, it definitely takes a little of the edge off for first-timers. I would recommend going over both legs with the beginner cap first, then going over a second time with the regular cap. The epilator did leave me with some bumps and spots on my legs, but they went away very quickly after applying some lotion. Because the Panasonic ES-ED90-P can be used wet or dry, I did one leg each way. The epilator performed a lot better on dry skin than it did on wet skin. The instructions say to use shower gel on the head if you want to use the epilator in the shower; personally, I thought that using the epilator in the shower did not leave my legs feeling nearly as smooth and though it was less painful overall, it took twice as long to get all the hairs out so I think its best to just use this product dry.
The ES-ED90-P has a pivoting head which makes it great for using on your legs, much easier than trying to twist your knee around to get at the curves of your calf! For knees and ankles, the dual heads were perfect and got all the hair on the first attempt. The product also wasn’t terribly loud. I was listening to music during the process and I did have to turn up my speakers a few notches but it’s definitely quieter than other epilators I have tried and it sounds less machine-like. The light is also very handy for making sure you don’t have any stray patches of very fine or short hairs that got overlooked.
The bikini attachment on this epilator is fantastic for underarms. It doesn’t pinch the skin like other epilators and my underarms were smooth and soft afterwards. There was some redness and inflammation, which is to be expected, but much less than I have experienced in the past. I got both my underarms done quickly – just like with my legs, I found that approaching my underarms dry is the best way to get all the hair quickly without too much pain. You will still see redness and irritation afterwards, but it goes away very quickly. I would have gone out in a swimsuit a few hours after doing my armpits, whereas usually it would take at least a day before I dare leave the house in something that shows off my underarms. I don’t epilate my bikini area, but I imagine that the Panasonic ES-ED90-P would be ideal for any sensitive area like that.
The pumice function is a great bonus feature. It’s a rotary-style foot buffer that is very gentle on feet but also does a great job at removing callouses and smoothing rough patches. I’ve never seen a foot care attachment on an epilator but I think every epilator should have one! I’ve also never used an electric pumice on my feet and it was a little scary but you can really tell which parts of your feet need attention from the sound of the epilator as it goes over rough, calloused spots. I’d almost say the pumice function is better than the epilator itself!
- The Panasonic ES-ED90-P is really simple to use and doesn’t come with a whole textbook full of instructions, which is great for beginners.
- The fact that it can be used wet or dry is great, and while I will probably just use it dry, beginners or anyone who prefers to epilate in the shower will be pleased with this function.
- The best epilator for underarms I have used yet. Let the skin on my armpits smooth, hairless, and only a little bit inflamed.
- Not too loud, and it only takes an hour to charge.
- I like that the Panasonic ES-ED90-P is cordless, which makes it a lot easier to work all the parts of your body without also having to navigate an annoying cord.
- The “fast” function is indeed very fast, and I found that it was a fairly quick process to get both legs and both underarms hairless.
- I like that it also has a shaving head; it’s like a two-for-one! The shaving head performs as well as any other that I’ve used and while this product is clearly an epilator, it’s nice that Panasonic didn’t skimp on a decent shaving head.
- I liked the pouch it came in as well, it’s a nice discreet way to keep the product safe and out of harm’s way while travelling or just in day-to-day life.
For an hour’s charge, you only get about 30 minutes of life out of this product. 30 minutes is not nearly enough for me, personally, to take care of both legs and both armpits, so it’s frustrating having to stop halfway through and charge it again.
I’m not the biggest fan of the product’s color/design; I thought the way the epilator is designed in terms of form was a little clunky and made it uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. More grips on the side might make it easier to hang on to, especially if you want to use it in the shower where things can get rather slippery. I also didn’t care for the color or overall appearance, and while that certainly doesn’t make or break the product for me, it would be nice to see it in a simple black or white option.
Overall, the Panasonic ES-ED90-P is a great little epilator that does its duties well. The pumice feature really makes this product stand out, but anyone would find that this product fits their needs without being too flashy or confusing.